Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008-cont.

Last post of the night-I promise. On Sunday, we went to church and lunch and then home to rest. We even went and got ice cream for dinner-what a day! All day long, one thought stuck with me-I am the luckiest person in the world. I am so lucky and blessed to be a mommy. Especially to someone like Spencer James Day. Some days, I just look at that little person and wonder how in the world Michael and I got picked to raise this perfect little soul. Spencer loves dog licks and the wind in his hair. He loves the outdoors and making his voice echo in our bathroom. His face lits up when I wake him up in the morning and his smile says, "hello mommy! What adventures are we going to experience today??" He brings joy to everyone he meets and I can't wait to see what he is going to become....
I am so lucky to have a mother that taught me and continues to teach me how to mother my child. I am a better mother because of her. I am so lucky to have a mother-in-law that loves me like one of her own daughters. I am a better mother because of her. I am so lucky to have a sister, sister-in-laws and a dear cousin that that offer advice, that listen and that basically are just feeling their way through....just like me. I am a better mother because of them. I am so lucky to have friends that are like sisters that offer support and reassurance. I am a better mother because of them. Lastly, I am so incredibly lucky to have a husband that loves me and loves my son unconditionally. He makes me a better mother.
What more do I need??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are an amazing mother, and I love you!
Laurie

Leslie Gilbreath said...

Totally unrelated to Mother's Day...but I just found out I was put on your team...Hooray!