Friday, April 18, 2008

No cell phones for me, thank you!

So Spencer and I had several errands to run this afternoon. I thought it would be fun and exciting. Spencer just woke up from a THREE hour nap, he was fed, had on shorts and was ready to go. We went to see his girlfriend (Julieanne Oldknow) then moved on to Kohl's and Target. Everything was FINE so I decided to hit the Verizon store because my cell phone battery won't hold a charge. We pull up to the store, I change a very wet diaper to ensure maximum comfort and trekked into the store. I open the door and I am NOT kidding-it was like Spencer was allergic to the whole store, sensory overloaded, scared to death and just plain P.O. ALL at the same time. He is climbing up my stomach,chest, shoulder like a monkey as I proceed to the counter. I see ALL the salespeople, especially the men, scatter like flies as we approach. (wouldn't you if a screaming monkey was approaching?!?! Can't say I blame them). I was waiting for one of them to start throwing food at Spencer to see if the monkey would stop screaming. I wisely (DUH!) decided to continue on with this adventure and approached the poor guy that innocently walked in from the the stock room. I held up my phone and said one word BATTERY. I am not lying: I had a new battery in TWO seconds flat. That guy could move! Off the shelf, package RIPPED open, old battery tossed and new battery on, back in my hand. All the while keeping a safe distance from the screaming monkey (who was now turning RED!) I pulled out my debit card to pay (which you mommies know is no small feat when there is a monkey climbing on you) and the sweet man said "no worries, no charge" which I translated as "take that monkey OUT OF HERE" So thank you sweet man at the Verizon store and thank you my little monkey for getting me a free battery!!!!
Happy Friday Everyone!

3 comments:

Leslie Gilbreath said...

Too funny...aren't there just moments that you just LOVE being a mom :) Thank goodness the cute ones override the insane ones.

Unknown said...

yes, yes, can totally relate ... lucky for you, we are hopeful you can meet Sybil if you come visit!
Much love,
LB

Anonymous said...

Ha!!!! Can I borrow him? I need some new clothes. Just kidding. Very funny story- have you thought of being a writer?