Friday, July 11, 2008

It's all about the t-shirt.......

So, for those of you that don't know....I WALKED THE WHOLE 10K PEACHTREE ROAD RACE and lived to tell about it. I had on my new Nike's (thanks to my hubby and our anniversary!)and I had two cohorts that kept me going-Kate, my sister, and Lori Oldknow-dear friend. This was the first "race" I've ever done and had a great time! Kate was keeping track of our milage and our time. I finally quit asking how much further and decided that if I simply stopped,I'd have to walk to the Marta station anyway-so I might as well keep going....The funniest part about the race was the end. At the end of race there are a bunch of people taking your picture-it was a mile 6. I just assumed that was the end of the race and started to slow down (actually considering just sitting down in the middle of the road) but Kate and Lori just kept charging ahead. I'm thinking-are you guys crazy?? the race is over-SLOW DOWN but NO we had another 0.2 miles to go!!! But-we did it and I got my t-shirt and YES-all that work was worth it to get my t-shirt. I want to do it again. Maybe next year, I'll actually walk some in the weeks leading up to the race....

2 comments:

Matt Calvert Family said...

I had forgotten you thought the "fake" finish line was the end...this really made me laugh out loud today. However, I'm so glad you enjoyed the race and want to do another one...watch out...it is addictive!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! I don't think I could ever finish thus I have never tried.... so proud of you!