Saturday, May 9, 2009

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails....

This time next week-I will have two children. The time has come, it's the final countdown. Am I excited?? So much so that I can't stand it... Am I a little scared-well petrified really...Am I awed at God's great blessings?? Absolutely-how could Michael and I possibly deserve to have TWO gifts from God?? Our baby girl will be here-not just any little girl but Madeline Elizabeth Day born on May 15th (probably)-Maw-Maw's birthday and the day that Michael's parents started THEIR lives together...how could she NOT be the most special little girl in the whole world??
But for one more week, I have one child, that precious little boy asleep upstairs right now. I went to put him down for a nap and it turned into a 30 minute tickle fest and I thought about little boys and what they are made of. So what are little boys made of?? Frogs and snails..maybe but Spencer is made of so much more. He's made of love and wonderment for the world. He's made of happiness and giggles and lightness and innocence. He thinks roly polys are the COOLEST thing EVER and that an orange Popsicle is the most delish thing he has ever put in his mouth. HE LOVES BEING OUTSIDE...especially with his daddy. Picking up sticks and moving rocks. He loves his "goggies" (Hailey and Hershey). He's full of thoughts-not just little thoughts but big, deep thoughts that make his little forehead crinkle. He's full of curiosity-wants to know how things work and won't stop until he figures them out. He can be full of stubbornness and testing the limitness but a little of that is not a bad thing in my book.
I find that I just want to hold him, to tell him that it's going to be alright. Yes, the baby is coming and she will take up some Spencer time but it's going to be OK....he will be the big brother and I know that he will show us and Madeline all the wonderful things he is made of. I love ya-Spencer James Day, my wonderful boy.