Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My, oh my

So for all of you that I haven't "bumped" into lately...here you go. Also, I will just share some comments that I've heard in the last month or two:

Jaylen, kindergartener at school: "Ms. Kelly-why's your belly so big??"

Me: "well, I have a baby in my belly"

Jaylen: "I have a baby in my belly, too!"

Treyvon, another kindergartener at school: "No you don't. MENS can't have babies in their bellies. Only WOMENS!"

Jaylen: "Why can't MENS have babies??"

Me: "Let's talk about CATEGORIES!! Tell me three things you can eat!" (changing the subject)

I had this shirt on last week and ran into a coworker's daughter. The daughter went back to her mother and said, "that's the biggest flower garden I've ever seen!"

Random woman in the waiting room at Bailey's speech clinic: "Good Lord, child...you're as big as a house!!!"

And finally, from my dear, sweet husband: "From the back you don't even look pregnant then you turn around and BAM!!! You are hard to miss!" I really do consider this a compliment!!

3 comments:

Matt Calvert Family said...

Thanks for finally posting some pictures of your belly...I've been dying to see what you look like.

For heaven's sake...you are 38 to 39 weeks pregnant...you look great to me!

Leslie Gilbreath said...

Too funny- gotta love kid comments (and strangers...and husbands...)

Leslie Gilbreath said...

Hey congrats on Madeline! Sorry I haven't called yet...maybe after my last day tomorrow! Hope all is well.