Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Green Eggs and Ham mixed with a little jet fuel....

So life has been pretty exciting around here lately. First, some of you know but I wanted to post this for everyone else: Madeline had her 1st month appointment last Friday. She weighed 11 lbs and 11 oz and was 24 in long. That means that she has gained 2 lbs and 1 in in the last month. Like Meme says, "that's what happens when you feed them!" and boy does she get fed. That girl likes to eat and you better not get between her and food when she is hungry. I guess she thinks we are going to let her starve. Everything else at the doctor was perfect. Her head grew too but is still smaller that her bowling ball for a head brother at this age! Anyway-like I said everything else was perfect and the doctor answered all of my questions, even the irrational ones. All the pediatricians at our doctor's office know that I'm a SLP and know that I know just even to make me stupid-so they tolerate me. So, Maddy is a healthy growing girl and for that I'm thankful!
Life at home has been a typical lazy summer with two kids (I guess!). Spencer's new favorite book is "Green Eggs and Ham" and actually anything Dr. Seuss lately. Which I adore but he is particular fond of Green Eggs right now. He pretends to eat the eggs off the page and names all the things in the book. He is also the poster child for bug repellent these days. He LOVES being outside to survey the backyard with Hailey. The only problem is that the bugs love him. We make sure to COVER him in bug spray, I stick fabric sheets in his pockets and we have citronella candles out there but nothing helps. He just ends up sticky as heck,smelling like a clean towel AND has some bug bites. The only thing left to do is put him in a bubble because keeping him inside all day is NOT an option!
Madeline is so fun. She is picking up her head and looking around. She likes to look at the lights and loves being on her daddy's chest. She even has a birthmark on the side of her ribcage in about the same spot as her daddy but on the opposite side. We are so proud of her because she burps like an Ole Miss Frat boy and what comes out the other end...WOW! It sounds like we loaded her up with jet fuel and she is going to propel herself into the atmosphere. We are so proud of our delicate little flower. So if you see an UGPB (unidentified giant pick bow) flying through the night sky, well, that's just our little Madeline and she has completed her mission.
So-I must go now-Spencer just came in with TWO new bug bites-ON THE BRIDGE OF HIS NOSE!! Really-the one place I didn't get the bug repellent. Anybody know where I can find a bubble suit?

No comments: