Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Lord's Day

I know...I did these posts backwards-so scroll down and read from the bottom up! Anyway-on Sunday-we had Madeline baptized at Glenn Memorial Methodist Church on the Emory Campus. We chose that church because that is Dr. David Jones' church. Dr. Jones and his father go way back with the Day family and he is an outstanding minister. His sermon the day of the baptism was excellent and it's almost as if God wanted us to be there that day to hear that specific message...basically get out of God's way and let him take control. If you don't-you might just miss something!
Madeline had the honor of wearing the Pela (my mom's side of the family) baptismal gown that was first worn when Abe Lincoln was president and the underdress came from a parachute that my mom's dad used when he bailed out of his plane in WWII. Lots of history and I am so honored to be able to pass that on to my children.




1 comment:

Leslie Gilbreath said...

That story is awesome- seems like y'all are having a wonderful summer and you are looking great!